Spot Bookbug on the bus this autumn!
Bookbug is running a campaign to encourage every family to be part of the Bookbug community. Taking part is easy, just read a story with your little one, sing a song or share a rhyme, or go along to your nearest Bookbug Session.
Bookbug supports families to read, sing, and play with their little ones to give them the best start in life:
- Sharing books helps your little one’s development, language and social skills, so spend a few minutes reading with your child every day
- It’s fun, free and simple and the benefits last a lifetime
How to Bookbug?
Get your free Bookbug bags(this will open in a new window)! Every child in Scotland is entitled to four free bags of books:
- Bookbug Baby Bag: gifted by your Health Visitor when your baby is 3-5 weeks.
- Bookbug Toddler Bag: gifted by your Health Visitor when your child is 13-15 months old.
- Bookbug Explorer Bag: gifted at your child’s early years setting when they are three.
- Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag: gifted at school, typically during Book Week Scotland in November.
Come along to a Bookbug Session
Bring your little one to free story, song and rhyme sessions at your local library or community venue. Going to a Bookbug Session(this will open in a new window) is a great way for families to spend time bonding with each other and meet other families. Bookbug Sessions can also help to build children’s social skills and support their speech and language development.
Read a story together
It’s never too early to start reading with your little one. They love the sound of your voice and cuddling up for some special time with you.
Share some songs and rhymes
Hearing different sounds in songs and rhymes helps with speech and language. Find your favourites on our free Bookbug app(this will open in a new window) and in our song and rhyme library(this will open in a new window).
Watch our short video to find out more: