Looking for more in Learning resources?
Webinar: Supporting the Transition to P1 with Bookbug
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom we're starting P1 soon! Our Early Years trainers are joined by Education Support Officer Jacqui O'Donnell to share ideas and tips on being creative with nursery songs and rhymes to support children and families during periods of transition and change.
We explore the Bookbug Transition Session plan and offer practical examples of using the plan to support an inclusive approach to transitions, and encourage collaborative working, partnerships and consistency.
Songs and rhymes featured in the webinar
Books mentioned in the webinar
- Never Take a Bear to School by Mark Sperring and Britta Teckentrup
- The Colour Monster by Anna Llenas
- The Everywhere Bear by Julia Donaldson and Rebecca Cobb
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury
- Books about starting school
- Explore the Bookbug Song and rhyme library
- Check out our songs on Soundcloud(this will open in a new window)
- Transition Bookbug Session Plan
- Realising the Ambition (National practice guidance(this will open in a new window) for early years in Scotland)
- Scottish early childhood and families, transition position statement(this will open in a new window)
Thanks for watching our webinar. This is what you can do next:
- Sign up to our regular Working with Bookbug newsletter(this will open in a new window) to be kept up-to-date with the latest Bookbug news, future training opportunities, and lots of other content to help support you
- Explore our website(this will open in a new window) – we have lots of songs and rhymes, book lists, videos of families sharing books, learning resources and information on our website to support you to use the Bookbug programme
- Contact your local Bookbug Co-ordinator. (this will open in a new window)They are your key contact for everything Bookbug related in your local authority area. They will be able to help to get Bookbug Bags, Gaelic bags and tactile books for families and let you know about local Bookbug Sessions