Due to ongoing circumstances we have postponed all face to face training sessions. We have adapted our Bookbug Session Leader refresher training to be delivered online.
Groups will be limited to 12 people, and anyone who meets the eligibility criteria is welcome. To book a space, simply click 'register now' and finalise your booking via Eventbrite.
Course Aims and objectives
This course will:
- Update Leaders on new Bookbug resources for practitioners and families
- Refresh Leaders' Bookbug Sessions with new song, rhyme and book suggestions
- Support discussion around the joys and challenges of leading Bookbug Sessions and give everyone a chance to share best practice
Delegates must have already attended our full day Bookbug Session Leader training, delivered face to face by either a Scottish Book Trust trainer or by a locally trained professional. If you are unsure if you have attended Bookbug Session Leader training, please get in touch with us and we will check our records.
Course Length: 2 hours, with a comfort break halfway through.
Cost: Funded at no cost for participants.
Upcoming online training sessions
- Wednesday 8 September 2021, 2 - 4pm
- Tuesday 26 October 2021, 2 - 4pm
- Wednesday 3 November 2021, 2 - 4pm
- Wednesday 8 December 2021, 2 - 4pm
(this will open in a new window)Register now
Accessing the training session - technical requirements
To attend this session you will need -
- A computer, laptop or tablet that has a camera and microphone, as you will need to be seen and heard to participate. If you have the option, a laptop or computer is better. Please note a mobile phone is not suitable due to the format of the training.
- To be able to access Zoom.(this will open in a new window) Before the session starts, please check if your organisation allows access to Zoom using work devices. If it does not, we suggest that you use a personal device if appropriate. Please see our Zoom use and security policy(this will open in a new window) for more information.
- A stable internet connection. If your wi-fi is unstable, you might want to consider plugging your computer directly into your router.
- A quiet space in which to participate in the session. If one of your colleagues is also participating in the session, please make sure you are in separate rooms as your microphones will cause a feedback loop when both are turned on near to each other.
What to expect at an online training session
In our online training courses, you need to have a device that connects to the internet with working audio, camera and microphone. The trainer and other delegates will be able to see you and speak with you directly and you will be able to directly participate. All attendees must be registered individually on the training course and participate on their on their own individual device. The number of people attending is limited to a maximum of 12 people.
More training and information
Sign up for our regular Working with Bookbug(this will open in a new window) newsletter to be notified when new webinars and training dates are released, or view the rest of our Bookbug training courses.
If you would like further information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org(this will open in a new window) or 0131 524 0179.