Looking for more in Reading and Stories or Bookbug?
Bookbug Session Leader refresher training
This refresher training session offers support to existing leaders to improve their Bookbug Sessions.
Course Aims and objectives
This course will:
- Update Leaders on new Bookbug resources for practitioners and families
- Refresh Leaders' Bookbug Sessions with new song, rhyme and book suggestions
- Support discussion around the joys and challenges of leading Bookbug Sessions and give everyone a chance to share best practice
Delegates must have already attended our full-day Bookbug Session Leader training, delivered face to face by either a Scottish Book Trust trainer or by a locally trained professional. If you are unsure if you have attended Bookbug Session Leader training, please get in touch with us and we will check our records. Groups will be limited to 12 people, and anyone who meets the eligibility criteria is welcome. To book a space, simply click 'register now' and finalise your booking via Eventbrite.
Course Length: 2 hours, with a comfort break halfway through.
Cost: Funded at no cost for participants.
Upcoming online training sessions
Select the date you wish to attend and click through to Eventbrite to register.
- Monday 4 September, 10am-12pm (Zoom)(this will open in a new window)
- Friday 3 November, 10am-12pm (MS Teams)(this will open in a new window)
Accessing the training session - technical requirements
To attend this session you will need:
- A computer, laptop or tablet that has a camera and microphone - you are required to be seen and heard to participate. If you don't turn your microphone and camera on, you may be asked to leave the training session. If you have the option, a laptop or computer is better. A mobile phone is not suitable due to the format of the training.
- To be able to access Zoom(this will open in a new window) or MS Teams(this will open in a new window) (depending on the platform of the session you registered for). Before the session, please check if your organisation allows access to Zoom or MS Teams using work devices. If not, we suggest using a personal device, if appropriate.
- A stable internet connection. If your wi-fi is unstable, you might want to consider plugging your computer directly into your router.
- A quiet space in which to participate in the session. If one of your colleagues is also participating in the session, please make sure you are in separate rooms as your microphones will cause a feedback loop when both are turned on near to each other.
What to expect at an online training session
In our online training courses, you need to have a device that connects to the internet with working audio, camera and microphone. The trainer and other delegates will be able to see you and speak with you directly and you will be able to directly participate. All attendees must be registered individually on the training course and participate on their on their own individual devices. The number of people attending is limited to a maximum of 12 people.
More training and information
Sign up for our regular Working with Bookbug(this will open in a new window) newsletter to be notified when new webinars and training dates are released, or view the rest of our Bookbug training courses.
If you would like further information, please contact us on email@example.com(this will open in a new window) or 0131 524 0179.