Watch this webinar to find out how to make the most of the Bookbug Explorer Bagin your setting. This webinar is for staff from nurseries, early years settings, libraries or childminders who are involved in gifting the Explorer Bags to 3-year-olds.
The free Bookbug Explorer Bagis packed with books, music, drawing materials and other resources to encourage parent and child interaction. The 2022 Book Gifting impact study and 2017 Bookbug evaluation study show us that the bags are most effective when parents and children are involved in the gifting process. This webinar explores making the most of the Bookbug Explorer Bag in your setting.
The webinar covers:
- What's in the most recent Bookbug Explorer Bag, released in March 2023, and how the resources can be used in early years settings and in the family home
- Ways to gift the Explorer Bag effectively, including how to excite children about books, stories and reading
- Ideas for engaging with parents and involving them in your gifting event
- Key messages about book sharing to pass on to parents
- Further resources available from Scottish Book Trust
We recommend watching this webinar with your colleagues so you can spend time planning your Explorer Bag gifting activities after the session.
More training and information
Sign up for our regular Working with Bookbugnewsletter to be notified when new webinars and training dates are released, or view the rest of our Bookbug training courses.
If you would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com 0131 524 0179.