Hello, everyone! We're glad that you could come.
With all of our our Bookbug Sessions on hold for now, join in with our online Bookbug Session to keep stories, songs and rhymes alive at home! You can find most of the songs and rhymes on Bookbug's songs and rhymes app too.
This week we celebrate Gaelic - one of Scotland's three official languages. It doesn't matter if you're new to Gaelic, or just learning - sharing songs and rhymes in a new language is a fun way to pick up new words and phrases! You will also find all of the song and rhyme lyrics on our website so you can follow these as you listen.
Get started with
- Halò a h-uile duine (The Hello Song)
Songs and rhymes to start with
- Ciamar a tha thu? (How are you?)
- Madainn mhath! (Good morning!)
- Aon Dhà Trì (One, Two, Three)
- Sùilean, cluasan, sròn is beul (Eyes, ears, nose and mouth)
Action-packed songs and rhymes
- Tha sinn a’ dol suas is suas (We are going up and up)
- Crois Crois, Loidhn' Loidhn' (Cross, Cross, Line, Line)
- Ròlaidh, pòlaidh (Roly poly)
- Ceann, gualainn, glùinean, cas (Heads, shoulders, knees and toes)
Story time: Oidhche Mhath Tractar by Michelle Robinson
Songs and rhymes featuring animals
Calming songs and rhymes to finish with
See you next Monday for a brand new online Bookbug Session!
We'd love to know what you think about our content. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org(this will open in a new window) if you have any comments or feedback.