Looking for more in Writing and Authors or Live Literature?
Apply for Live Literature part-funded sessions
Live Literature brings reading and writing to the heart of communities by funding author events for organisations across Scotland
Applications are now open for Live Literature events taking place before 31 March 2024.
To make sure you can apply when suits you best, there will be a series of rolling deadlines throughout the year, up until our final deadline of 20 November 2023. Panel dates and deadlines are listed below.
Live Literature makes author events affordable.
The author is paid £175 plus expenses per session
- We cover £100 of the author's fee, and all of their expenses, within set guidelines
- After the event takes place, Scottish Book Trust pays the author everything that they are owed directly
- Scottish Book Trust then invoices you for a set contribution of £75 plus VAT per session
- Events can take place in person or remotely, allowing you to be flexible when planning
Alongside financial support, the team at Scottish Book Trust can be on hand with help and advice for planning and promoting your session.
You will hear our decision within two weeks of the first panel meeting following your application – dates are listed below.
How to apply
- Create or log in to your Scottish Book Trust account and complete our short form (the form times out after 90 minutes, but you can either save a draft online or copy and paste the form into a document and work on it offline)
- We'll ask you what you intend to do, why you've chosen this type of event, and what you hope it will achieve
- Your application will be reviewed by a panel
- We'll send you the result of your application within two weeks of the next panel meeting.
The purpose of Live Literature is to inspire communities to read and write for pleasure. This is the reason Live Literature funding exists, so please make sure you address it directly in your application.
The application form will be available throughout the year, but decisions will only be made at scheduled panel meetings.
The panel carefully read and consider all applications. Where appropriate, the panel gives feedback along with the award decision.
What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed by a panel, which meets three times in 2023. We'll send you the result of your application within two weeks of the panel meeting.
The panel carefully read and consider all applications but due to timescales and remote working pressures, will not be able to offer individual feedback on all applications.
Get in touch
For all enquiries, or if you need to make an application in a different way due to access reasons, please email email@example.com(this will open in a new window).