Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Have a book sale or a book swap – help spread a love of reading and raise money at the same time.
- Organise a quiz night – get your friends/work colleagues together and have a quiz night. Charge an entry fee per team. You can also consider having a raffle on the night.
- Hold a bake sale – ask your friends and colleagues to bake for books! You could even introduce an element of competition and have a bake off with a judge.
- Have a dress up or down day – dress up as your favourite book character or have a dress casual day in return for a donation.
- Take part in a challenge event – join a walk, run or cycle challenge and ask friends to sponsor you. Don’t forget to set up your own JustGiving page(this will open in a new window) so people can easily support you.
- Host a dinner party – cook for your friends in return for a donation.
- Organise a bag pack in your local supermarket – the manager or community champion at your local supermarket will be able to help you secure a date.
- Nominate us as your charity of the year at your local club/society – if you need help with information for the nomination, please contact us
- Shop on easyfundraising(this will open in a new window). Each time you make an online purchase, we will receive a donation and it is completely free to use.
- Fundraise at work - choose us as your Charity of the Year or sponsor one of our programmes.
For advice and support on how to make your fundraising a success, contact Victoria Sampson on 0131 524 0160 or by email at email@example.com(this will open in a new window)
Planning an event? You can download blank posters below to use in your promotion!