This page includes all the essential information partners need to run a Live Literature event. Please read it carefully, and email firstname.lastname@example.org you still have questions.
Conditions of funding: Please read the full conditions of funding as soon as you can after receiving your award email. Please get in touch if you have any problems meeting these conditions.
Claim form: For you to print off before the author arrives. Please fill in the first part and give the form to the author on the day. They will fill in the second part and post it to us along with their receipts. Please note, there are two claim forms available – for events funded before or after August 2023.
Permission to film forms: If your organisation doesn't have its own permission forms, you can use the forms provided if you plan to film, photograph or record the visit.
Live Literature and child protection
The Live Literature programmereaches 50,000 people in communities across Scotland. We estimate that over half of the events that take place involve children and vulnerable adults. A primary concern when holding any event is that it is safe as well as enjoyable, for both the author and the audience.
These terms and conditions mirror the code of conductsent to members of the Live Literature author directory .
- Scottish Book Trust does not ask authors if they have a disclosure with Disclosure Scotland or if they are a member of the PVG scheme at any stage of the Live Literature programme.
- Many authors and creators do not hold a disclosure/PVG membership.
- For the safety of everyone involved, authors and creators should never be left alone with audiences.
- It is your responsibility as the event organiser to make sure that the event is appropriately supervised and supported.
- If you have concerns, or if you would like to contact us about misconduct by a visiting author, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you think a child is in immediate danger, don't delay – call the police on 999 or call NSPCC on 0808 800 5000, straight away.
Evaluation survey links
Please fill in the relevant evaluation survey within two weeks of holding your final event. Your feedback helps us to develop the programme and secure its future; thank you for taking the time to fill in this survey.
Survey for events between April 2022 and March 2023
Survey for events between April 2023 and March 2024