The Live Literature School Residencies programme(this will open in a new window), which is generously funded by the Walter Scott Giving Group and now in its fifth year, works with staff and pupils to inspire a lifelong love of reading and writing.
The schools were chosen by an expert panel and will each receive a package of support representing over £4000 of funding:
- 12 sessions with an author at no cost – including two staff CLPL sessions with the author
- A £500 grant for resources and supplies
- Support from our experienced team
- Their project showcased on our website
- Suggested learning resources and next steps after the project to help the school and learning professionals make the most of the sessions
The 10 successful schools and their chosen authors are:
- Cumbrae Primary, North Ayrshire with Lindsay Littleson
- Eastbank Academy, Glasgow with Michael Lee Richardson
- Fallin Primary School, Stirling with Elspeth Murray
- Longstone Primary School, Edinburgh with Macastory: Fergus McNicol and Ron Fairweather
- Manor Park School, Aberdeen with Joan Haig
- Millbank Primary, Highlands with John Fardell
- Newbattle High School, Midlothian with Ruth Thomas
- Our Lady’s High School, North Lanarkshire (Motherwell) with Andrew Blair
- Sandwick High School, Shetland with Elizabeth Wein
- Uphall Primary School, West Lothian with David Macphail
Three ASN centres were also awarded fully-funded author residencies in the second year of the Additional Support Needs strand of the programme, funded by the Mohn Westlake Foundation.
The 3 successful ASN centres are:
- Elgin High School, Moray with Carol Scorer
- Stanmore House School, South Lanarkshire with Jackie Ross
- Woodlands School, Edinburgh with Malcy Duff
Learn more about the Live Literature School Residencies programme and the exciting projects we’ve supported since 2016.