Looking for more in Writing and Authors or Live Literature?
Introducing Live Literature School Residencies 22–23
We're delighted to announce the 10 schools awarded fully funded author residencies in 2022–23 and the authors, storytellers and creative practitioners who have been appointed to work them.
The Live Literature School Residencies programme, which is generously funded by the Walter Scott Giving Group and now in its seventh year, works with staff and pupils to inspire a lifelong love of reading and writing.
The schools were chosen by an expert panel and will each receive a package of support representing over £4000 of funding:
- 12 sessions with an author at no cost – including two staff CLPL sessions with the author
- A £500 grant for resources and supplies
- Support from our experienced team
- Their project showcased on our website
- Suggested learning resources and next steps after the project to help the school and learning professionals make the most of the sessions
The 10 successful schools and their chosen authors are:
- Sgoil Dhalabroig / Daliburgh School, Na h-Eileanan Siar (Western Isles) with Emily Dodd
- Deerpark Primary, Clackmannanshire with Macastory: Fergus McNicol and Ron Fairweather
- Hermitage Park Primary, Edinburgh with Daniel Gray
- Newarthill Primary School, North Lanarkshire with Jane Mather
- Sanderson's Wynd Primary School, East Lothian with Alastair Chisholm
- Seaton School, Aberdeen with Grace Banks
- Smithycroft Secondary School, Glasgow with Nadine Aisha Jassat
- St Margaret's RC Primary, Stirling with Russell Jones
- Tobermory High School, Argyll and Bute with Alice Fernbank
- Turriff Academy, Aberdeenshire with Pauline Cordiner
Learn more about the Live Literature School Residencies programme and the exciting projects we've supported since 2016.