Our ASN schools residencies programme provides a fully-funded opportunity for schools to work with professional writers, storytellers and creators from the Live Literature directory.
This programme aims to increase opportunities for pupils with Additional Support Needs, their teachers, parents and carers to benefit from working alongside an author-in-residence on an extended project.
For all residencies, we are happy to facilitate blended models and freedom to work remotely or in-person, depending on your school circumstances.
Applications are now closed. This page is for information only.
The four schools chosen by our panel will receive:
- 15 free sessions with an author from our author directory – including training sessions for your staff and time to plan the project
- Full funding – Scottish Book Trust pay the author's full fee and expenses directly through the Live Literature programme. No invoicing!
- Training sessions for the project co-ordinator, with a chance to meet your author and staff from other schools
- A £500 grant to buy workshop supplies, notebooks, art supplies, books and more
- Support from Scottish Book Trust's experienced team
How to apply
- Check you are eligible to apply (details below)
- Download the application form
- Build in time to gather or request necessary information. The application form requests 950 words across 11 questions. You will be asked to include SIMD statistics about your school as well as personal statements from the staff member applying plus a senior staff member
- Email email@example.com(this will open in a new window) by Friday 23 September at 12 midday with your completed application form attached as a word document. Please put 'ASN School Residency Application' in the subject line