Writing reviews and recommendations is a lovely way for children to share what they think of books they've read. Choose from the following templates:
- A basic review template to write about the best book they've ever read
- An open book template for writing a review or alternative ending to a story
- A recommendation card which can be stuck on their book shelves or photographed to share with their friends or classmates
- Extra passport pages if they have been using a First Minister's Reading Challenge reading passport
- A reading journal spread where they can note down different books they've enjoyed and books they would like to read
Children of all ages can complete these activities at their own level. The reading journal spread is particularly suitable for older children and teenagers.
Estimated time: 30 minutes per review