This resource contains ten activities to support the primary to secondary transition. It has five activities for use in primary and five for secondary. It also includes tips and examples of how primary and secondary schools can work together to support pupils. However, if you aren't currently working with a feeder or partner school, these activities can still be used independently to support transition.
You can also explore our transition journal to support health and wellbeing at secondary, as well as our book list on books about transition and our top tips for how to pick the perfect book to support transition.
In this resource, you will find:
- Activity 1: Create a dream board.
- Activity 2: Write a character postcard.
- Activity 3: Write an alternative ending.
- Activity 4: Create a reading wall.
- Activity 5: Hold an outdoor read.
- Activity 1: Ask for a creative response.
- Activity 2: Write a letter.
- Activity 3: Use Bookzilla.
- Activity 4: Welcome to the library.
- Activity 5: Create a class story or class book.