Looking for more in Learning resources?
Creative writing for secondary
This resource supports teachers who want to build writing skills with their pupils. The activities focus on writing stories using the same techniques as professional fiction writers.
This resource will:
- Introduce pupils to important features that will support their writing
- Encourage pupils to consider and use techniques used by writers
- Provide opportunities for pupils to develop writing skills and create their own work
Activities in the resource include:
- Useful links and getting started with ideas
- Developing characters
- Creating a setting
- Editing and refining work
Young writers of any age or experience can sign up for the digital writing group which will deliver an exciting programme of workshops outwith school hours and be delivered by poets, speakers and industry professionals, including: Cat Hepburn; Viv Gee and Jenny Lindsay, amongst others and will be completely free of charge. The first taster session will take place on 16th December 2020 at 6pm with award-winning writer and spoken word artist, Cat Hepburn. Contact Lauren Gilmour firstname.lastname@example.org(this will open in a new window) for more information.
Find out more about creative writing for schools.