This resource supports teachers who want to build writing skills with their pupils. The activities focus on writing stories using the same techniques as professional fiction writers.
This resource will:
- Introduce pupils to important features that will support their writing
- Encourage pupils to consider and use techniques used by writers
- Provide opportunities for pupils to develop writing skills and create their own work
Activities in the resource include:
- Useful links and getting started with ideas
- Developing characters
- Creating a setting
- Editing and refining work
Find out more about creative writing for schools.