We have an excellent opportunity for you to support our HR function as an HR Co-ordinator. This position offers the scope for exposure to all generalist HR activities in a great learning environment.
Job title: HR Co-ordinator
Contract: Permanent, part time (28 hours per week)
Salary: Band 3: £23,000 – £28,349 FTE (pro-rated to £18,400 – £22,679)
Closing date: Monday 5 June, 9am
Location: Flexible hybrid working between home and our Edinburgh City Centre office
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company sick pay
- Pension with additional employer contributions
- Death in service benefit
- Free access to employee assistance programme
About the job
Working as part of the Operations Team and reporting to the HR Advisor, the HR Co-ordinator will support the HR function by providing high quality administrative and advisory support.
The HR Co-ordinator will support staff with their HR-related queries and will provide advice where possible or escalate to the HR Advisor when necessary. The post-holder will ensure all aspects of the employee life cycle are followed in line with the organisation's policies and procedures. The HR Co-ordinator will assist with all aspects of the HR function including recruitment, onboarding, annual leave and other absence, issuing contract documentation and maintaining HR records.
- Provide advice and guidance in response to general HR-related enquiries
- Support the end-to-end recruitment process, including analysis of monitoring forms for EDI purposes
- Organise and maintain confidential staff records, including initial audit
- Maintain HR recording systems and HR process systems, e.g. BreatheHR, Monday.com
- Complete pre-employment checks
- Prepare HR documents, e.g. contracts, salary letters, maternity letters
- Co-ordinate induction/onboarding programme, liaising with new starter, line manager, office manager and buddy
- Answer day-to-day staff queries on HR processes and provide training to support staff to maximise use of our HR portal (BreatheHR)
- Collate monthly payroll information, such as new starts, salary changes.
- Maintain template documents, checklists, HR policies and procedures to ensure they remain current and up-to-date, and assist the HR Advisor with the development of new policies and procedures, as required
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives
- Support the general work of the Operations Team including providing cover for the HR Adviser or Office Manager as required
You will have:
- CIPD Level 3 or equivalent operational experience and knowledge of HR
- Experience using Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Experience of updating and maintaining databases
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with confidential information, recognising what constitutes confidential information and always maintaining confidentiality
Appointment will be conditional on securing basic clearance from Disclosure Scotland.
Applications are now closed. This page is for information only.