Job title: Finance Officer
Contract: Permanent, part time (17.5 hours per week)
Salary: Band 3, £23,000 – £28,349 FTE (pro-rated to £11,500-14,174.50)
Closing date: Thursday 8 June, 9am
Location: Flexible hybrid working between home and our Edinburgh City Centre office
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company sick pay
- Pension with additional 5% employer contributions
- Death in service benefit
- Free access to employee assistance programme
About the job
This is an excellent opportunity for you to support Scottish Book Trust as a Finance Officer. The position offers flexible part-time working within our Operations Team.
The Finance Officer works closely with the Finance Accounts Manager, to ensure that accurate and timely financial processes and records are maintained, and that financial controls are implemented.
The first point of contact for managing all financial transactions with Scottish Book Trust's customers, the post also supports and guides our staff in their financial processing responsibilities.
- Accurate and timely recording of transactions in the finance system (Sage Line 50): processing sales invoices, coding and VAT allocation; processing expense claims and credit card administration; allocating income from our Commercial activity.
- Upholding the financial controls of the organisation, including ensuring sufficient supporting documentation and authorisation for income and expenditure is valid and properly stored for audit purposes.
- Maintaining and managing the sales ledgers.
- Maintaining an effective credit control policy, liaising with Scottish Book Trust staff to manage outstanding customer balances
- Responding to customer enquiries regarding account balances and activity.
- Supporting Scottish Book Trust staff to carry out their financial processing responsibilities effectively, reporting any concerns to the Finance Accounts Manager.
- Monitoring company credit cards and reconciling accounts.
- Reconcile sales ledger to trial balance.
- Maintaining and reconciling claims expenses system and petty cash.
- Promoting Scottish Book Trust's good reputation in all dealings with the public, bank, customers and others.
- Support the general work of the Operations Team including providing cover for the Finance Accounts Manager and Office Manager as required.
You will have:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an accounts or book-keeping role, preferably with experience of Sage 50.
- Strong numerical skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Ability to use initiative to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing demands.
- Ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Good knowledge and ability in use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word).
- To be conscientious, trustworthy and responsible.
Appointment will be conditional on securing basic clearance from Disclosure Scotland.
Applications are now closed. This page is for information only.