Arts Alive can help you put the expressive arts at the heart of your school.
Applications are now closed for our fully-funded short, intensive residencies. Please contact email@example.com if you have any enquiries.
Arts Alive supports schools across Scotland to work with artists from the National Performing Companies (the National Theatre of Scotland, the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, Scottish Ballet, the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Scottish Opera).
Schools experiencing cost as a barrier to working with artists can apply for fully funded, short, intensive artist residencies. Residencies can range from one day to one week.
Benefits of Arts Alive
- Young people will have fun and work with expert professional artists.
- Music, theatre and movement projects can contribute to wellbeing, self-expression, confidence and narrowing the attainment gap.
- Cross-curricular activities bring topics to life and give a new way to approach literacy.
- Learning professionals will learn new techniques by working with artists.
- Arts Alive supports the delivery of Health and Wellbeing, Expressive Arts and Literacy outcomes in your school.
Interested in how it could benefit your school? Check out some of the schools and artists taking part in our 2021 Arts Alive residencies.
Arts Alive has so far delivered nine fully funded school residencies and sits alongside the hugely successful Live Literatureprogramme, which has connected authors and audiences in communities across Scotland for almost 50 years.
The 2022 Arts Alive residency programme is funded by the Scottish Government and delivered in partnership with the National Performing Companies:
- National Theatre of Scotland
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra
- Scottish Ballet
- Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Scottish Opera
For all programme and application enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.