Watch this video of Benjamin introducing his book Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow. Benjamin also introduces some of the main characters in the story and gives an exclusive reading of the first chapter!
More from Benjamin Dean:
Now you've been introduced to Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow, why not:
Watch his full event with Scottish Friendly Book Tour, including a presentation and a Q&A about Benjamin's writing
Explore our Read Woke resource, which shares cross curricular learning activities for using the book in class
Find your next read
Explore our book lists that feature LGBT+ stories including:
- Picture books to celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- Great middle grade LGBTQ+ books
- Great LGBTQ+ books for teens
Authors in your school
You can apply for Live Literature funding to bring an author into your school, including authors who have written about LGBTQ+ characters or history. This is a great way to educate and inspire your pupils, and help them connect with the LGBTQ+ community. Find out more about applying for Live Literature funding with our online guide.
Through our Authors Live on Demand catalogue, you can also access a broadcast on LGBTQ+ poetry with Gray Crosbie, Dean Atta and Rachel Plummer.
There are organisations across the UK that have fantastic resources to help you explore LGBTQIA+ experiences and share LGBT history, here are just a selection:
- LGBT Youth Scotland's charter and activities are especially helpful
- Stonewall has a range of best practice examples, resources and toolkits
- Time for Inclusive Education Scotland has fantastic resources to support exploring LGBT+ icons
- LGBT Health and Wellbeing has a range of resources, including supporting mental health
- RespectMe has resources on challenging bullying, including homophobic and transphobic bullying