Looking for more in About us or Our policies?
Statement of Intent
Scottish Book Trust is a national charity for the promotion of literature, reading and writing in Scotland. As a unique organisation seeking excellence in every area of our work, we are committed to continuing to improve our environmental performance, by minimising our environmental impact and making resource efficiency a core requirement of all of our business operations.
We also aim to foster an understanding of environmental issues appropriate to and in the context of our business, among its staff, partners, audience and communities local to its operations. Our collective task is to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total global activities.
To achieve this commitment, we will:
- Strive to continuously improve our environmental performance, regularly reviewing our activities and policy and setting new targets to reduce any environmental impacts caused by our activities.
- Comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and integrate approved codes of practice into our business operations.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve efficiency in the use of these resources.
- Ensure energy and water is used efficiently in all activities to minimise the consumption of natural resources and energy.
- Manage our operations and programme activities to reduce pollution, emissions and waste.
- Promote the reduction, reuse and recycling of waste materials in all working activities to conserve resources and reduce waste disposal.
- Ensuring all waste is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner.
- Procure goods and supplies which take environmental specifications into account.
- Raise awareness and encourage participation in environmental matters through discussions and training sessions for staff.
By this policy Scottish Book Trust recognises its responsibility towards protection of the environment, and issues this statement as a commitment of both management and employees to minimising the environmental impact of its operations.
The full Environmental Policy is available to download.
Updated: July 2019