Earlier this year we launched an exciting art competition for all P1–3s across Scotland to design the back of our new eco-friendly Read Write Count bags. We had over one thousand entries and the panel were greatly impressed by the creativity and thoughtfulness of the responses.
We are delighted to announce that Penny from Moffat Academy in Dumfries and Galloway has won first prize. Penny’s cheerful world drawing, topped with a party hat and confetti, sums up the joy of looking after and loving our planet. Her winning design is now being printed on all the new Read, Write, Count bags that will be gifted during Book Week Scotland in November 2023.
A huge congratulations also to our highly commended entries:
- Ellie from East Calder Primary
- Ayva from Park View Primary
- Isla from Broxburn Primary School
- Josie from Lairdsland Primary School
- Connie from Blackwood Primary School
- Chloe from Clepington Primary School
- Rory from Sandbank Primary School
- Reuben from Ferryhill Primary School
- Juliette from Nelson Law Primary
- Adam, Jessica, Aimee, Alexa from Thomas Muir Primary School
Download our teacher pack for a sneak peek at what's coming in the new Read, Write, Count bags and to find out more about bag gifting.
About Read, Write, Count
Each year Read, Write, Count gifts over 120,000 bags of books and fun learning materials to every P2 and P3 child in Scotland.
Our new Read, Write, Count bags are made from 40% recycled content and are produced in a factory that uses 100% renewable energy. (Find your local recycling pointthrough Recycle Now.)