In addition to your session fee (£175 per session) or your residency fee, you are entitled to claim reasonable travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses for the events you take part in as part of the Arts Alive programme.
Please keep a note of expenses you incur (as well as receipts!) ready to share with us after your event.
Booking advice for artists
A little guidance on what we can and can't pay for as well as advice about booking and claiming expenses.
How to claim your payment and expenses
- Before the event, schools fill in their half of the claim form which they should then share with you.
- Artists then take this form away, add their own details and any expenses and send it to Scottish Book Trust by email or post.
- We pay via bank transfer once we have the claim form and any receipts. Once we have everything we need, we aim to pay within 30 days.
- For single sessions, we'll then invoice schools for their part of the fee (£75 or £90, including VAT). Payment is expected within 30 days.
- Residency sessions are fully-funded and schools will not be invoiced.
- Schools should never pay an artist directly. If you have, email us at email@example.com.
- Lost a receipt? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.