Looking for more in BookWeekScotland?
Apply for funding to run a Book Week Scotland event: Book Week Scotland fund
Book Week Scotland is a week-long celebration of books and reading that takes place every year in November. Together with our amazing partners, we bring hundreds of events celebrating all things books to communities across Scotland.
This year, Book Week Scotland will take place from 13–19 November and we will be building a programme of events inspired by our theme of Adventure. So if your organisation loves books and reading and would like to programme a unique, exciting event for Book Week Scotland 2023, we want to hear from you!
Organisations can apply for one £500 grant to plan and deliver an in-person, digital or hybrid event.
The deadline for applications is Friday 9 June at 5pm.
If you are an individual who would like to programme an event, our emerging programmers funding may suit you better.
What we're looking for
We want organisations to think of bold, unique events that get their audiences excited about books and reading. We believe books have the power to transform lives at every level, we would love to see that reflected in your application.
If successful, organisations must work together with an author or storyteller on some element of their proposed event or activity. Authors should be paid a minimum fee of £175, in line with our Live Literature policy.
We will accept proposals from, but not limited to:
- Arts organisations
- Museums and Heritage organisations
- Community organisations and groups
- Third sector organisations
- Public sector organisations and Local Authority service providers
Before you apply
- Read our (this will open in a new window)funding guidance to ensure your event is eligible.
- Have a good idea of the format of your event. We understand that some things will change, but the more information you can give us, the better.
(this will open in a new window)Apply now
- We will respond to all applications by Friday 16 June.
- If your application is successful we will release funding via BACS transfer in August.
- If your application is unsuccessful you are still welcome to run a Book Week Scotland event. You can use our free marketing materials and list your event on our website. Please keep an eye on our (this will open in a new window)Book Week Scotland page for more information over the coming months.