Looking for more in About us or About us?
Our values give guidance on how we behave towards each other, those we work with and the public in general.
We welcome innovation and experiment with new approaches. All of our staff have the opportunity to contribute and test out ideas and we encourage this approach in our partners.
- We have a positive, 'can-do' attitude.
- We involve others in our work, whether in the design, delivery or evaluation.
- We welcome different approaches within agreed parameters.
- We keep an open mind when tackling problems and listen to what others have to say.
- We identify solutions not just problems.
- We take responsibility for addressing problems/challenges and seeking solutions.
We tackle challenging issues and ask difficult questions of both ourselves and others. We create a culture of openness within our organisation.
- We set high standards for ourselves and those we work with.
- We strive for excellence in all we do.
- We have a vision of continuous improvement.
- We are ambitious and set challenging targets.
- We experiment in a risk-appropriate way.
Our partnerships are one of our most valuable assets. We believe that collaboration, both internal and external, is fundamental to our learning, development and impact.
- We seek out and listen to other’s points of view.
- We give constructive feedback to improve partnership working.
- We are clear about our boundaries and standards and when we cannot compromise.
- We proactively look for opportunities to form partnerships to increase impact.
- We recognise and respect the knowledge, abilities and skills of others, both within and outwith Scottish Book Trust.
- We recognise our limitations and weaknesses and take action to address them.
We treat everyone with respect and value diversity and individuality. We are committed to fulfilling potential and developing talent.
- We treat our colleagues, partners and the public in general with respect.
- In our dealings with each other and those outside the organisation, we are friendly, helpful and encouraging.
- We are clear about our expectations.
- We welcome constructive feedback and act on it where appropriate.
- We believe in continuous learning and improvement both as individuals and as an organisation and take opportunities to put this into practice.
- We learn from mistakes and failures: we avoid a blame culture.