We welcome innovation and experiment with new approaches. All of our staff have the opportunity to contribute and test out ideas and we encourage this approach in our partners.
- We have a positive, 'can-do' attitude.
- We involve others in our work, whether in the design, delivery or evaluation.
- We welcome different approaches within agreed parameters.
- We keep an open mind when tackling problems and listen to what others have to say.
- We identify solutions not just problems.
- We take responsibility for addressing problems/challenges and seeking solutions.
We tackle challenging issues and ask difficult questions of both ourselves and others. We create a culture of openness within our organisation.
- We set high standards for ourselves and those we work with.
- We strive for excellence in all we do.
- We have a vision of continuous improvement.
- We are ambitious and set challenging targets.
- We experiment in a risk-appropriate way.
Our partnerships are one of our most valuable assets. We believe that collaboration, both internal and external, is fundamental to our learning, development and impact.
- We seek out and listen to other’s points of view.
- We give constructive feedback to improve partnership working.
- We are clear about our boundaries and standards and when we cannot compromise.
- We proactively look for opportunities to form partnerships to increase impact.
- We recognise and respect the knowledge, abilities and skills of others, both within and outwith Scottish Book Trust.
- We recognise our limitations and weaknesses and take action to address them.
We treat everyone with respect and value diversity and individuality. We are committed to fulfilling potential and developing talent.
- We treat our colleagues, partners and the public in general with respect.
- In our dealings with each other and those outside the organisation, we are friendly, helpful and encouraging.
- We are clear about our expectations.
- We welcome constructive feedback and act on it where appropriate.
- We believe in continuous learning and improvement both as individuals and as an organisation and take opportunities to put this into practice.
- We learn from mistakes and failures: we avoid a blame culture.