Applications for the Ignite Fellowship are currently open. Find out how to apply by selecting one of the options below. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 29 September, 2021.
English and Scots applications
The Ignite Fellowship supports established writers who are embarking on or working through a significant project. You can apply whether the project is in its very earliest stages or already a work in progress. Find out more about this year's Ignite Fellows.
The Fellowship was developed in consultation with our Writers Advisory Panel. There are three awards available in total. We are working in partnership with the Gaelic Books Council(this will open in a new window) to provide one award specifically for a writer working in Gaelic. We also strongly encourage applications from writers working in Scots.
The Fellowship is free to apply to and all travel expenses for programme commitments are covered. Awardees are chosen by a panel of judges.
- A flexible programme to suit the individual needs of the awardee
- A £2,000 cash award, allowing them to focus on their work
- Tailored personal development opportunities which can include mentoring from writers, industry professionals and networking opportunities
- A week-long writing retreat at Moniack Mhor (subject to ongoing circumstances)
- A showcase event in a bookshop (subject to ongoing circumstances)
- Training and support in marketing, promotion and press
We work closely with awardees to help them participate in the programme as fully as possible. If applicants have any access needs or barriers they would like to discuss prior to application, please email email@example.com(this will open in a new window)