This webpage gathers our resources linked to mental health and wellbeing. They can be used during Children's Mental Health Week or to explore mental health, wellbeing, emotional literacy and wellbeing throughout the year. On this page you’ll find:
- Videos from our Scottish Friendly Children’s Book Tour which explore mental health and emotional literacy
- Resource packs including Mental health and wellbeing activities you can use with any book and activity packs for The Worries and The World Made a Rainbow
- Links to further resources you can use to explore mental health and wellbeing through reading and writing
Videos for your class
These videos are taken from our Scottish Friendly Children’s Book Tour events. Learn more about Jion Sheibani’s book The Worries or draw a rainbow with illustrator Emily Hamilton! See the Downloads at the bottom of this webpage for a Worries activity pack.
Learning resources and activities
For more resources you can use with your class, see:
- Our webinar with author and art psychotherapist Katie O’Donoguhe discussing using stories for mental wellbeing and resilience.
- Our book lists including Picture books that help children explore emotions, Children’s books that explore mental health and wellbeing and Mental wellbeing books for teens.
- Our Authors Live broadcasts including Tom Percival discussing drawing emotions and Mark Bradley looking at the connections between comics and wellbeing.
- Explore our Live Literature funding to find out about author visits in your school, including authors who have written about mental health and wellbeing.
- Mental Health Awareness Week from the Mental Health Foundation
- The Mentally Healthy Schools resource library from The Anna Freud Centre
Resources, toolkits and leaflets from Young Minds.