Activities and resources to help you make the most of the Scottish Friendly Children's Book Tour Connected: Polar events.
You can also download a resource pack with activities which supports all four of the events in the Poles Apart tour. These include:
- Four brilliant activities inspired by Brightstorm to support Epic polar adventurers with Vashti Hardy and Catherine Johnson
- Discussion prompts and quick activity ideas for Poles Apart with Jeanne Willis and Jarvis
- Activities ideas to help you explore the RSS Discovery and find out more about Shackleton for Shackleton’s Journey with William Grill and RSS Discovery
- Useful links and ideas to help you create your own graphic novel for Surviving the Antarctic with Sarah Airriess and British Antarctic Survey
- Brightstorm worksheets and printable resources
We have a fantastic video from author Vashti Hardy, showing you how to plan and write a story starting from a map. This video is great to help pupils with story planning, idea generation and structuring their story. It also offers lots of opportunity to explore map reading skills!