Michael is a multi- award winning storyteller in the oral tradition.
- Inaugurator Open Word/ Open World – creative writing for primary school children
- Inaugurator 47:60 Lens to Pens Beyond Words Legacy Project
- Inaugurator LERMONTOV 200 27 words micro-stories project
- WINNER British Achievement in Storytelling excellence
- Outstanding – adult male storyteller 2012
- WINNER – Tall Tales Oscar – Glasgow 2010
- WINNER – Tall Tales Oscar – Edinburgh – 2008
- Recipient W. E. Upjohn Humanitarian Award - 2004
- F o u n d e r – BETTER CRACK CLUB GLASGOW
- F o u n d e r – Even Better Crack Club Glasgow
- F o u n d e r – S . L . A . T . E Charity
- F o u n d e r – kerinsnaumov.com
- Chairman Glasgow Storytellers Nov 09 / Jan 10
- Member of Scottish Storytelling Fourm
- Member of British Actors Equity
Born in Possilpark to a large family, Michael became accustomed to the use of precise but uncomplicated language, since both his parents were registered blind, and his own imagination was nurtured by his father’s storytelling. He current work, about weetom and sharing his adventures in classrooms and community settings in Scotland and abroad.
His three books are widely taught in schools.