These resources are designed to help your class explore An Illustrated Treasury of Scottish Mythical Creatures by Theresa Breslin, illustrated by Kate Leiper, with cross-curricular learning activities. The activities include:
- Learning how to distinguish myths and legends
- Looking at how stories travel across cultures
- Understanding the morals or meanings of stories
- Learning about the real history, geography and science behind famous myths
- Studying the language used in these myths, including Scots
If you're looking for other Scottish texts you can use with your class, make sure you look at our book list on spectacular Scottish books. We also have resources on teaching Scots, including using Scots in the classroom and creative writing in Scots.