To celebrate Mental Health Awareness Week from 10–14 May, Scottish Friendly Children's Book Tour will be joined by bestselling, award-winning author Michelle Robinson and author and illustrator Jion Sheibani. In the tour events, Michelle Robinson will be sharing and talking about her book The World Made a Rainbow, and Jion Sheibani will explore her book The Worries. The resources and links on this page are designed to support you in exploring themes discussed in the events.
Available to download
- The World Made a Rainbow activity pack
- Thank you NHS poster template
- The Worries create your own puppet template
- Create a worry wheel template
- Create a worry-busting wheel template
If you enjoyed Jion Sheibani's event and want to make your own worry dolls, you can find instructions on page 6 of our using picture books to explore bereavement resource made in partnership with Child Bereavement UK.
Available to watch
Illustrator Emily Hamilton worked on The World Made a Rainbow with author Michelle Robinson. She has created a great video to show you how to make and decorate your own rainbow.
Other resources and links to explore
- Enjoy a read-along of (this will open in a new window)The World Made a Rainbow, narrated by David Tennant.
- Explore Jion Sheibani's website for more resources to download(this will open in a new window) on discussing and exploring worries.
- Find out more about Mental Health Awareness Week(this will open in a new window) from the Mental Health Foundation.
- The Anna Freud Centre has a wealth of resources to search in their Mentally Healthy Schools resource library(this will open in a new window).
- Young Minds has a range of toolkits, booklets and leaflets(this will open in a new window) to help support young people and their mental health.
- The Empathy Lab (this will open in a new window)have lots of book recommendations and resources to support discussing empathy.