This resource shows how to adapt picture books into multi-sensory stories, including:
- Choosing a book to turn into a sensory story
- Deciding on the main stroytelling objective
- Tips for choosing and using props
- Advice to help you find your storytelling style
- Recommended titles that are a good place to start
You can also download two examples of multi-sensory book adaptions, The Stick Man by Julia Donaldson and Peace at Last by Jill Murphy. For more ideas and examples of books to adapt into sensory stories, explore My Kind of Book(this will open in a new window), a blog run by Ailie Finlay, author of this resource and sensory specialist.