All primary 1–3 pupils receive a free book bag to take home as part of the Bookbug Primary 1 Family bag and Read, Write, Count gifting campaigns funded by the Scottish Government. Gifting is an incredibly important part of these campaigns. How you gift the bags will help to build excitement and enthusiasm before children take the bags home. It will also have an impact on how the bags are used at home.
This resource includes:
- Information on why gifting is important.
- Details on when to gift your bags.
- Ideas on engaging parents, such as sending our letter template home.
- Ideas for using social media to engage parents in the bag gifting activities.
- Tips for planning your gifting event, including examples from schools.
We recommend that you hold your bag gifting event during Book Week Scotland, Scottish Book Trust's national celebration of reading and writing.