Looking for more in Learning resources?
How to Train Your Dragon film resource
This resource contains activities to help you explore the film adaption of How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. The accompanies our Authors Live event with Cressida(this will open in a new window). You may also be interested in our How to Train Your Dragon book resource(this will open in a new window), for activities based on the novel.
Activities and discussion topics in this resource include:
- Use of a narrator and character development (15 - 20 minutes)
- Film themes (20 - 30 minutes)
- Use of accent and vocabulary/slang (10 - 15 minutes)
- The music score (30 - 45 minutes)
- Dragon animation (2 hours)
- Use of animation with little or no dialogue (1 hour)
- A ‘beautiful oops’ (15 - 20 minutes)
- Prosthetics (1 hour)
- The Northern Lights (20 - 30mins)