On behalf of the Spoken Word Development Group, we are sharing news of their current recruitment drive for a Group C-ordinator.
Scotland lacks a centralised body for developing and supporting Spoken Word Poetry. There has been widespread anecdotal call for this sort of support from individual spoken word artists and spoken word organisations within Scotland. The Spoken Word Development Group requires an administrative role to support their aims in facilitating the beginning of a network, and scope the need for, and type of, support which would be required on an ongoing basis, as well as a sense of appetite for the network.
- Develop network membership
- Maintain an up-to-date record of network members
- Organise and host monthly meetings of the network
- Ensure meeting minutes are up to date and circulated to members, and follow up on any outstanding action points
- Provide a point of contact for network members and respond to queries
- Manage and develop social media channels for the network
- Undertake a sector mapping and skills gap analysis
- Report on the professional needs of the sector
- Liaise with network members, as well as relevant literature organisations, to develop safeguarding guidance which can be used across the sector
Value of contract:
£7,600 for 2.5 days per month for one year (includes 5 days of holiday allowance)
This is an administrative post which will report to the membership of the Spoken Word Development Group with support from the Society of Authors Poetry and Spoken Word Group. This project is funded by Creative Scotland in partnership with the Scottish Book Trust. The post holder will be provided with Society of Authors membership for this period.
Wednesday 9 August at midday
This role is not within Scottish Book Trust, but as part of the Spoken Word Development Group.
Applications are now closed.