Looking for more in Reading and Stories or Scottish Teenage Book Prize?
Scottish Teenage Book Prize 2022: Submissions closed
Submissions for the Scottish Teenage Book Prize 2022 are now closed.
Publishers are invited to submit eligible titles for the prize before Wednesday 7 April at 5pm. Scottish Book Trust will select three books for the Scottish Teenage Book Prize shortlist, to be announced in September 2021. The winner of the Scottish Teenage Book Prize will be announced in February 2022.
Please read the general requirements, quality criteria and specifications very carefully. Scottish Book Trust will only consider books which meet all of our requirements.
- Books must have been first published in the UK between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021
- Books must be fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, comics or poetry
- Either the author or the illustrator must be resident in Scotland, or the book must be published by a Scotland-based publisher
- Books must be suitable for 12-16 year olds
- Books must be available in paperback by August 2021
- Books must be currently available in Scotland, and remain in stock until March 2022. Details of distribution must be completed on entry
- Books must meet the highest professional standards of publishing and printing
- Books may be in English or Scots
- Academic textbooks, translations and re-issues are not currently eligible
- Anthologies are eligible at the discretion of the shortlisting panel, provided they are primarily of Scottish content
- We can only accept one book per series in the same year
Conditions of shortlisting
We will contact publishers of all shortlisted titles by late June 2021. Publishers of shortlisted titles agree to the following further criteria:
- Provide a further 30 gratis copies to send out to reading groups
- Scottish Book Trust will pay a fee of £175 to the author or illustrator to film a short video to promote the book. Publishers are asked to cover travel expenses to central Scotland for filming.
- Supply high resolution cover image and author photograph for marketing and PR purposes
- Supply the first chapter of the shortlisted title for use on our website and partner websites and for PR purposes
- Provide a PDF version of the book for Scottish Book Trust to use in conjunction with CALL Scotland. CALL Scotland produces accessible versions of all shortlisted titles for use by pupils with additional support needs.
- Scottish Book Trust reserves the right to include or exclude any titles for the prize.
Submissions are now closed