To celebrate Pride Month in June, the Scottish Friendly Children's Book Tour will be joined by author Benjamin Dean for a week of events from 7-11 June. Sharing his debut book Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow, Benjamin will be talking about his experience as an author, and why sharing stories is so important.
Watch this video of Benjamin introducing Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow. Benjamin also introduces some of the main characters in the story and gives an exclusive reading of the first chapter!
If you are feeling inspired after Benjamin's event, why not:
- Create your own book with our mini book video
- Explore our resource with activities and top tips for creative writing
- If you're struggling to know where to start, use drawing to help inspire your story
Resources to explore
There are organisations across the UK that have fantastic resources to help you explore LGBTQIA+ experiences and share LGBT history, here are just a selection:
- LGBT Youth Scotland(this will open in a new window)'s charter and activities are especially helpful
- Stonewall(this will open in a new window) has a range of best practice examples, resources and toolkits
- Time for Inclusive Education Scotland(this will open in a new window) has fantactic resources to support exploring LGBT+ icons
- LGBT Health and Wellbeing(this will open in a new window) has a range of resources, including supporting mental health
If you enjoyed reading Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow then explore our LGBTQ+ book list for lots of other titles to get stuck into!