Made in partnership with Read Woke South Aryshire(this will open in a new window), this resource contains activities to support the use of Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow by Benjamin Dean in the classroom. Activities reflect some of the central book themes and scenes and cover a range of curriculum areas at second level.
- Discuss what family means and create an acrostic poem.
- Rewrite a scene from a different character perspective.
- Write a short story about being lost.
- Explore the history of Pride and create a timeline of events.
- Plan a trip and discuss what could go wrong and how your plans might change.
- Discuss friendship and how friends can support each other.
- Create your own 'personality' cake.
- Make your own colourful flyer.
- Design a Pride costume.
- Role play activity about the importance of telling the truth.