We want you to create a buzz of excitement around The Bookbug Picture Book Prize shortlist, and enjoy embedding the shortlisted books across the curriculum. The activity suggestions and quick activity sheets are the perfect way to do that.
These activities are a great place to start for a book project, and offer plenty of scope to be developed and explored in class or in your setting.
The resources available to download include:
- A resource pack containing a learning map for each book
- A resource pack with activities focused around voting in The Bookbug Picture Book Prize
- Quick activity sheets for each book
- Voting ballot paper, voting placard and a rosette template to print and decorate
- Teacher information pack (sent to all schools in Scotland with copies of the three shortlisted books in August 2020)
- Letter for families about the Bookbug Primary 1 Family bag
Symbol resources to accompany each book and accessible activities created by our partner CALL Scotland will also available to download soon.
You can also use our Bookbug Session Plan(this will open in a new window)s(this will open in a new window) to run a Bookbug Session on each shortlisted book and create a buzz of excitement about the prize in you classroom or educational setting.
We also have read along videos for each book on the shortlist:
- Read along: Arlo The Lion Who Couldn't Sleep
- Read along: Inch and Grub
- Read along: My First Book Of Woodland Animals
View a web page version of The Bookbug Picture Book Prize learning activities