This is a recording of a live webinar that took place on Thursday 26 September 2019. The webinar is for teachers, librarians and others involved in gifting the Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag in 2019. It includes:
- Information about the Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag, voting in The Bookbug Picture Book Prize and taking part in Book Week Scotland
- Ideas for cross-curricular classroom activities based on the 3 books in the P1 bag
- Examples of how schools have previously gifted the bags, including linking with libraries and involving parents
Thank you very much for watching our webinar. Here’s what you can do next:
- Fill out this quick survey(this will open in a new window) to tell us what you thought of the webinar. You can do this even if you didn’t watch the webinar live.
- Register to vote in The Bookbug Picture Book Prize
- Explore learning resources for the books included in the P1 bag
- Download CALL Scotland symbol sheets(this will open in a new window) for pupils with Additional Support Needs and those with communication difficulties as well as children with English as an Additional Language (EAL).
- Sign up to our regular newsletter (this will open in a new window)
P1 bag contact
Contact your P1 bag contact if you have any questions about when the bags and resource packs will arrive at your school, if you require additional bags or if you have a surplus of bags.
- From September 2019: P1 bag teacher resource kits arrive in schools
- October to November 2019: P1 bags distributed to schools
- Monday 18 November - Sunday 24 November 2019: Bags are gifted as part of Book Week Scotland
- Friday 6 December 2019: Bookbug Picture Book Prize voting deadline
- Wednesday 29 January 2020: Bookbug Picture Book Prize winner announced
Best of luck with your gifting events! If you have any questions or comments, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org(this will open in a new window) or 0131 524 0179