Applications for the Book Week Scotland 2021 Fund are now closed. This page is for information only.
This fund exists to allow organisations to programme digital events, in-person events (if permitted) or to develop a socially distanced activity for their community to reconnect through books.
Organisations can apply for one £500 grant to plan and deliver their Book Week Scotland event or activity.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 7 May.
Funding criteria for 2021
To allow organisations space to adapt to the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, we are sticking with a blended programme of events and activities for Book Week Scotland 2021.
That means this year organisations can submit applications for the following:
- Digital events
- Socially distanced community activities
- In person events (if permitted in November 2021)
While we hope that in-person events will be possible, we are taking a cautious approach to any proposals we receive. Therefore, if you are planning an in-person event we will require you to submit an alternative proposal, either for a digital event or a community-based activity. Scottish Book Trust will consult with you on this back-up proposal if it becomes clear in-person events will not possible.
What we’re looking for
We’d like organisations to think of unique digital events and bold activities which encourage communities to encounter and connect through books where they are or exciting in-person events.
If you need some inspiration for the types of events or activities you could programme, see our event examples.
If successful, organisations must work together with a Scottish author or storyteller on some element of their proposed event or activity. Authors should be paid a minimum fee of £175, in line with our Live Literature policy.
We will accept proposals from, but not limited to:
- Arts organisations
- Museums and Heritage organisations
- Community organisations and groups
- 3rd sector organisations
- Public sector organisations and Local Authority service providers
Before you apply
- Read our funding guidance(this will open in a new window) to ensure your event is eligible.
- Have a good idea of what you want your event or activity to be. We understand that some things will change, but we also need to know what your plan is before we can fund it.
- We will respond to all applications by Friday 21 May.
- If your application is successful we will release funding via BACS transfer in August and email you to let you know.
- If your application is unsuccessful you are still welcome to run a Book Week Scotland event or community focussed activity. Please keep an eye on our Book Week Scotland page(this will open in a new window) for more information.