Award-winning author Guy Bass talks about his hilarious Spynosaur books and answers questions from pupils across the country. Watch this hilarious event to hear about Guy's childhood love of comics and the inspiration for his new series Spynosaur!
If you only do one thing
If you are pressed for time but still want to do an activity around Guy's event, why not ask pupils to come up with a hero for a spy or action novel, just like in Spynosaur?
Character creation: heroes and villains ENG 2-31a
Ask your pupils to come up with a hero for a spy or action novel. You can use these key questions to get pupils forming a heroic character:
- What does your character want more than anything in the world?
- What is he/she afraid of?
- What are their most important strengths and weaknesses?
- Who is their best friend?
- Would you want to be their friend? Why/why not?
For shorter clips from this event, visit the BBC Scotland Learning(this will open in a new window) website.
A full transcript of this event is available to download.