You have seen him on your TV, now watch him on your whiteboard! Multi-talented funny man David Walliams talks about his hilarious new book Gangsta Granny and gives a spectacular reading from it.
A transcript of this event is available to download.
If you only do one thing
We know time is tight, so here is just one activity you could do with your class before or after watching the broadcast.
Find out more about David... LIT 2-01a, LIT 2-06a, LIT 2-10a, LIT 2-14a
Writing is just one of the many ways David spends his time, he also works as an actor, TV star, comedian and charity work. Ask your pupils to investigate David’s various charity activities and answer the following questions:
- How far did David Walliams swim down the Thames for charity?
- Find and save a picture of David finishing the Thames swim
- What were some of the ways in which David prepared for his swim in the English channel in 2006?
- How far did David swim when he swam the English channel?
- Which cycling achievement did David complete in 2010 and who was it for?
- Research a charity David supports and explain who the charity helps
Pupils can present their research to the class in any format they like. It could be a poster, a written piece of work, or digital PowerPoint or animation. Pupils should focus on the charity they have researched and explain to their peers why their work is so vital, and why it is so important to support it.