Looking for more in About us or Vacancies and opportunities?
Design & Marketing Co-ordinator
Applications for this vacancy have now closed, this page is for information only.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Scottish Book Trust is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com(this will open in a new window) or call Meg Elphee on 0131 524 0160.
Job title: Design & Marketing Co-ordinator
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Grade 3 (£21,500 - £25,999)
Closing date: Monday 8 February at 5pm
Interview date: Monday 15 February
The Design & Marketing Co-ordinator is a key member of the Marketing Team, responsible for co-ordinating design, online content and print production for a wide range of materials/assets and resources at Scottish Book Trust. The post is the essential link between internal teams and external suppliers (designers and printers). The post calls for a highly organised person with an expertise for design and experience in print production and marketing.
- Ensure brand and accessibility guidelines are communicated and adhered to and work with the PR & Marketing Manager and wider marketing team to achieve this
- Work closely with the PR & Marketing Manager on print and design and planning
- Work closely with Web Team and Digital Marketing Manager to ensure branding is produced for, and expressed effectively and appropriately in all online channels
- Support Digital Marketing Manager on social media channels when required
- Through close liaison with programme teams, the postholder coordinates all Scottish Book Trust print materials from planning, setting timelines, agreeing design and ensuring delivery. The post holder will manage deadlines across numerous projects.
- Work with teams to develop briefs and, where required, identify design direction
- Review briefs with the person authorised to sign off and check with PR & Marketing Manager
- Appoint and liaise with designers, printers and proof-readers
- Manage the output of design agencies, freelance designers and illustrators to ensure they deliver to the brief and on time
- Obtain print quotes, deliver within set budgets and record overall design and print spend
- Review, develop and manage Scottish Book Trust’s Chorus and Adobe accounts, and train staff in programme teams where required
- Work with programme teams to forward plan print items based on external feedback
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of coordinating design and print production, including book publishing
- Excellent copy writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Experience of marketing, ideally in an arts, literature or education sector
- High degree of computer literacy including experience of design software / desktop publishing
- Ability to manage freelance designers, proof readers, and print companies to deliver quality work to agreed deadlines
- Budget management skills
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work across teams and negotiate achievement of objectives
- Knowledge of the literature sector is desirable
The post is based at Scottish Book Trust offices in Edinburgh – the role will be working remotely during current restrictions.