Marketing Lab: 5 Social Media Tips from Nicola Balkind and Danny Scott
Copywriter and digital marketer, Nicola Balkind, and Scottish Book Trust's Digital Marketing Manager, Danny Scott, share marketing gems for writers hoping to make the most of social media.
Social media tips for writers
- Be consistent: Authors using social media should try and be as consistent as possible when it comes to posting and let your own voice come through.
- Stay professional: Always be professional on all of your author accounts. You don’t have to be business-like, it just means you need to put your best foot forward.
- Remember the Three G's: Follow the Three G’s rule whenever you’re interacting with people over social media: be Genuine, be Generous and be Grateful. Build people up rather than pull them down.
- Be useful: Try to find ways you can be useful to your followers and readers. Do you have insights into anything from your writing process to great restaurant recommendations? Pass them on!
- Share yourself: Remember: you’re more interesting than you think – don’t be afraid to share snippets of your day-to-day life as a creative person.
Get more advice for writers in our Marketing Lab videos.