Emily Dodd is passionate about science, wildlife and storytelling. She is a screenwriter for CBeebies science programme Nina and the Neurons and has written and presented science shows for the Edinburgh International Science Festival, the Scottish Seabird Centre, Edinburgh University, National Museums Scotland and Our Dynamic Earth.
Emily was the 2012/2013 Scottish Book Trust Reader in Residence at Leith Library, Edinburgh. She regularly appears in book festivals around Scotland. She writes fiction books for children and non-fiction books for adults and children.
About writer's work
Some recent projects include:
- Running reminiscence and digital storytelling workshops for older people with Historic Scotland.
- Training University students to become science presenters in the Abu Dhabi Science Festival.
- Writing science shows with excluded teenagers for the National Museums Scotland.
- Writing an early years workshop for the Edinburgh International Science Festival and training festival staff to run it.
Websites featuring the authorBlogEmily on TwitterEmily on Facebook Emily on LinkedInTrailer for Can't Dance Cameron events: YouTubeAuthor page on Amazon
Current events and projects
Currently Offering ‘Can’t-Dance-Cameron’ events to Early Years.
From September 2015 will also be offering:
- ‘The Grouse and the Mouse’ events to Early Years.
- Non-fiction and science workshops for 7 – 9 years.
- How to be a Science Presenter workshops for Primary Schools.
Photo credit: Chris Scott