Authors Live: Your Stories
Vampire rats, flying biscuits and live rap: our Authors Live events (presented in partnership with BBC Scotland) have engaged school children in many different ways. Now, we want to hear your stories - how have the broadcasts and the books impacted your school, pupils and community? Share your experiences with us, and we will feature our favourites on our website and social media channels. To say thank you for sharing your stories, we also have several class sets (30 books) of Authors Live books to give away to schools who take part.
What we want to know
We're asking for a short paragraph letting us know what Authors Live means to your school. You can tell us anything you want but here are some questions to think about to get you started:
- Did your pupils connect with a particular theme or author?
- Were any of your pupils personally impacted by an event?
- Did the events give you access to authors that you would otherwise not have the budget to introduce to your pupils?
- Is your school geographically isolated, and rarely able to attend live events?
- Did your class enjoy the thrill of discovering a brand new writer together?
- Were your pupils excited to be part of a live audience or hear their questions answered live on air?
- Did your class or school take part in a bigger project inspired by an Authors Live event, how did that impact your pupils?
We'll use these stories to develop our future broadcasts and to demonstrate the importance of this national programme.
The schools that submit our favourite stories around what Authors Live means to them will be featured on our website and social media channels. They will also be able to choose any 30 books from the entire back catalogue of Authors Live. You can split these books however you'd like, you can choose 30 of the same title for a class project or you can create your own mini Authors Live library with titles from any of our previous authors. We'll provide a list of authors to choose from if you win.
Taking part is simply just follow the link below to take part in a simple two-question survey:
We'll be in touch with our winners after the closing date of Wed 28 February. In the meantime, you can watch any of our past Authors Live events on demand, download the attached Learning Resources, or view the highlights on the BBC website.
Thank you - we look forward to seeing you at another Authors Live event soon!
If you have any queries about Authors Live, please contact Erin.McElhinney@scottishbooktrust.com.
Authors Live is a joint production between Scottish Book Trust and BBC Scotland Learning and funded by Creative Scotland.