Logos, Images, Branding and Marketing Materials
This page contains the standard Bookbug and Scottish Book Trust logos which can be downloaded and used on your local resources and website.
Before using the logos, please read the branding guidelines below.
Please remember that Bookbug is funded by the Scottish Government and the Bookbug brand cannot be used to promote commercial, political or religious interests. If you have any questions about how and when you can use Bookbug please contact email@example.com.
Posters and Marketing Materials
A selection of posters, leaflets, stickers and other materials to advertise the Bookbug programme and Bookbug Sessions in your area are sent out to Bookbug coordinators every year.
A digital version of the Bookbug Sessions poster can be downloaded here. Please add your local details into the text box provided.
Use of Logos
For all communications and advertising materials intended for families, practitioners and other professionals, please use both the standard Bookbug logo and the Scottish Book Trust logo.
- Bookbug logo (for print, online or screen use, RGB colours)
- Scottish Book Trust logo (JPG for print)
You can also use the following logos to promote Bookbug Sessions, the Bookbug Bags or Bookbug for different ages:
- Bookbug Baby logo – print use or web use
- Bookbug Toddler logo – print use or web use
- Bookbug Explorer logo - with Bookbug label (for children aged 3) – print use or web use
- Bookbug Explorer logo - Bookbug illustration only - print use or web use
- Bookbug Sessions illustration – print use or web use
- Bookbug’s Sports Day illustration – print use or web use
Bookbug Bag Images
Images of the Bookbug Bags and their contents are also available for promoting the Bookbug programme in your area. Click on any of the images in the gallery to download them.
If you require any of these logos or images in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating your own materials
Free posters and leaflets advertising the Bookbug programme are available from Scottish Book Trust through your local Bookbug Coordinator. However, if you wish to produce any printed or online marketing materials of your own, here are some guidelines that will help you produce items that look professional, are accessible and fit Bookbug's brand identity:
- Use a clear font for accessibility. We would recommend Arial in font size 12 minimum.
- When written, Bookbug should always have an initial capital letter and appear as one word. It should only ever be one single colour, preferably black or 638 C.
- The Bookbug and Scottish Book Trust logos should appear on all pieces of print or web pages relating to the programme. Please refer to the branding guidelines for advice on logo positioning and spacing.
If you would like any further help with creating print or e-marketing materials, or to check any of your materials with us for our branding, please contact email@example.com.
Branding is important in linking the key messages of the Bookbug programme, ensuring that parents and carers connect Bookbug Bags with Bookbug Sessions and reading with their children.
Consistently using Bookbug branding will deepen the impact of your local programme and therefore promote the message of family book-sharing across Scotland. You can also benefit from the free promotional resources, printed items, logos and images we can provide to help support your local programme.
The key elements of the Bookbug brand are:
Many Bookbug Coordinators have found the following examples of branding to be effective in their local programmes:
- Using the word ‘Bookbug’ when discussing the programme
- Using the Bookbug logo on literature and webpages relating to the programme
- Ensuring that the message of ‘enjoying books together’ is highlighted at each event
- Staff wearing a Bookbug t-shirt and using the Bookbug doll when leading Bookbug Sessions
- Arranging for the Bookbug mascot costume to attend your major Bookbug events
- Decorating your venue with Bookbug materials e.g. banners, posters, etc.
- Displaying Bookbug bags at events.
The Bookbug Brand Values are:
Universal: for everyone regardless of wealth, class, gender, ethnic background or ability
Inspirational: planting the seed for a life-long love of books and reading
Engaging: parents/carers and their children are encouraged to take part and connect with each other
Fun: having fun is key for parents/carers and their children to form lasting bonds
Professional: the programme is underpinned by research and informed by early years experts