Bookbug Conference 2018
“Books and stories allow children to build possible futures.”
Sir Harry Burns
Hello everyone, hello everyone, we hope that you can come! The Bookbug Conference is back! We will be hosting our conference on 21 March in a fabulous new venue; 200 SVS, Glasgow.
This year, we are highlighting children’s voices and will explore how we listen to, respond to and represent very young children. We will be focussing especially on:
• How we work with and represent non-verbal children
• How we deliver children’s rights
• How children see themselves portrayed in the world around them, particularly in books
• How we can help children develop their own voices, with a focus on speech and language development.
The day will also include workshops and creative skills sessions including innovative new practice from a social work team supporting birth parents.
Tickets cost £50 inclusive of VAT.
- Professor Lynne Murray, Research Professor in Developmental Psychopathology, University of Reading
- Joseph Coelho, Poet, Playwright and Author of Luna Loves Library Day
- Cathy Begley, Particpiation and Education Officer, Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland
- Dr Nashwa Matta - Associate Specialist in Neonatology and Child Development, NHSGGC