Guess the Quote: Scott vs Gabaldon
What is it about Scotland that seems to drive writers to flights of romantic fancy? Is it the glorious countryside? The soft burr of the Scots accent? The strapping men in titillating kilts? Who can say?
We thought it might be fun to play a little game: how well do you know your Walter Scott from Diana Gabaldon? Tell us which of the quotes below come from Scott’s works, and which are from the Outlander series and be in with a chance of winning a signed set of the first three Outlander books!
Your quotes are:
1. 'Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone,
I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One.
I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done.'
2. 'Sometimes our best action results in things that are most regrettable.'
3. 'Love rules the court, the camp, the grove, and men below, and the saints above, for love is heaven, and heaven is love. '
4. For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary
5. 'Silence, maiden; thy tongue outruns thy discretion.'
6. 'Love will subsist on wonderfully little hope but not altogether without it.'
Submit your answers in the comments below or email them to email@example.com. The entrant with the most correct answers wins. In the event of a tie, a winner will be chosen at random.
The competition closes on Friday 29 April at 5pm. Entrants must reside in the UK. Full terms and conditions.
Feeling pretty lovey-dovey? Check out our list of 15 Romantic Novels Set in Scotland.