Five Things: How to get involved with #BookWeekScot online
Book Week Scotland 2013 is here! You've gotta read like no-one's watching, buy books like you've never been skint and start each new book like you've never read a dud.
There's an overwhelming amout of events to go to but if you can't make it along to one - or if you suffer the misfortune of not living in Scotland - then why not join in online? Don't fear, the internet is here:-
- Take our literary personality test on Facebook. Find out who in fiction you are by answering our 12 straightforward questions. Your answers will determine your literary counterpart and personality.
- Win books for your friends from Hive Stores. Every day from 10:00 until 16:00 you can win books for your friends on Twitter by following this simple tweet formula: A book + your friend's Twitter name + @HiveStores + #BWSTweetaBook. Play every day (apart from Sunday).
- Enter Pets Reading or if you don't have pets (or feel uncomfortable posing with a stranger's dog tied up outside the supermarket) enjoy our gallery of pets reading. One lucky winner will get an original illustration of their pet from top illustrator John Fardell.
- Watch our Murals gradually unveil themselves online and on social media. We've created five murals around Scotland for Book Week Scotland 2013 based on five statements from a team of five top, Scottish authors. We'll unveil a new mural each day online and on Facebook.
- Watch Mairi Hedderwick live on BBC Scotland for Authors Live at 11:00 on Thursday 28 November 2013. Beg an early lunchbreak from your boss to watch a 50-minute show about Katie Morag from one of Scotland's most beloved writers.
No-one can accuse you of not making the most of Book Week Scotland 2013 if you do all (or at least three) of the above. If they leave you wanting more why not delve into our blogs, Scottish book lists, make a resolution to start listening to our Book Talk podcast or check out our daily Storify (from Tuesday).