Dorothy Dunnett vote: the result!
Dorothy Dunnett fans have voted in their hundreds but now it’s time to reveal what they think is the best Dunnett novel of all time.
Impressed by the vociferous response of Dorothy Dunnett fans to our Favourite Scottish Books of the Last 50 Years public vote for Book Week Scotland, we created this special vote to give those fans a chance to make their voices heard. And now, we can exclusively reveal the results. Did your favourite win? If you’ve never read a Dorothy Dunnett novel, will you now pick up a tome from this list? Comment below.
|Number 1||Number 2||Number 3|
4. The Disorderly Knights (The Lymond Chronicles)
5. The Ringed Castle (The Lymond Chronicles)
6. Queen’s Play (The Lymond Chronicles)
7. Niccolo Rising (The House of Niccolo)
8. King Hereafter
9. Scales of Gold (The House of Niccolo)
10. The Unicorn Hunt (The House of Niccolo)
It seems clear from these results that The Lymond Chronicles is considered by fans as Dunnett's crowning achievement (the six titles in the series are the top six titles here!), so if you're curious about where to start with her work - there's your answer!