Bookbug August Roundup: Top weblinks
Want to find out what's been happening in the world of Bookbug? We've rounded up a summary of our top news picks from August to share with you.
Win a copy of Too Many Tickles! by Thomas Taylor and Penny Dan
You’ve still got time to enter our current Book of the Month competition. We’ve got five copies of the hilarious Too Many Tickles! by Thomas Taylor and Penny Dan to give away. Just head over to the Book of the Month page and answer the simple question!
How early can you introduce a bedtime story?
The Bookbug Detective is back with some reassuring advice on introducing bedtime stories to sleepy babies.
Early Years Development Manager Tracy Cooper is about to head off on maternity leave, but before she makes final preparations for her little bundle of joy, Tracy shares her experience of reading to her bump.
Guest blogger Sarah from Glasgow Mummy shares some books and activities for keen little gardeners.
Find your next favourite book
Elsewhere in the Early Years world…
- If you’re looking to take a family trip to a museum soon, read some simple tips from the Pleasantest Thing.
- You’ll never be bored again! Tick off the activities on this fantastic toddler years must do list. Even better, try one of these toddler activities which require no setup from Hands On As We Grow.
- Play Talk Read have a great selection of free online books for you to share with your little ones.
- Unicef are gifting Baby I Love You to every baby born in Scotland between the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and the 2018 Games in Australia's Gold Coast. Baby, I Love You helps build loving and nurturing relationships between new parents and their baby.
- Toys strewn across the house? Inability to recall simple facts? You could be suffering from Smallchilditis! Have a chuckle at this blog from netmums.
To keep up with Bookbug news as it happens and much more, join us on Twitter @Bookbug_SBT.